Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Truth About Fairy Tales Available now!



The Truth About Faity Tales is available now at Amazon

I'll be featuring excerpts from the book here over the next couples of days:

Excerpt One:

This man wasn’t old like I’d imagined. I was expecting someone seventy, possibly eighty. Jackson Riley looked anything but. In fact, he couldn’t have been more than thirty-five.


“He’s not old and decrepit?” I blurted out before I could stop myself. The moment Jackson looked my way I knew he’d heard everything.

The most amazing blue eyes slid over me, assessing me from my clothing to my words. I stopped dead in my tracks from sheer reaction to those eyes. Ben turned back to me smiling with a somewhat uncertain expression on his face.

“I didn't say he was old. Come on, he's waiting on us. It won’t be so bad, I promise,” Ben whispered for my ears only.

Jackson stood just as I came to a halt next to his table. From the amusement in his eyes, I knew he'd enjoyed my little show. It was going to be a very long evening for me.

“Uncle, this is Maggie Monroe, the girl I’ve told you so much about. Maggie this is my uncle, Jackson Riley.”

Jackson took my hand and held it for a moment. From the second I looked into his eyes I knew, my life was never going to be the same again. Just like that, just as I knew the sky was blue and Texas was hot.

This man represented nothing but trouble for me, for my future, for everything I held dear. If I were smart, I would walk right out of the restaurant without ever meeting his date.

“Sorry to disappoint you, Miss Monroe, but although I may be old by some standards, I can assure you I’m not decrepit—or deaf for that matter.”

Not only was Jackson not decrepit or anything like what I’d pictured him to be, he looked nothing like his nephew. Ben was blond like me, and somewhat classically handsome. Jackson was just the opposite.

All the best...   Mary Eason www.maryeason.com

1 comment:

hotcha12 said...

HI MARY, HOPPING YOUR WAY!!

lindarb49@hotmail.coma